Thursday, May 5, 2011

Hamlet

1) I think Hamlet is talking about life and making decisions. If we are not satisfied should we continue to live in misery or change and be happy. I got that explanation from the lines "Whether 'tis nobler in the mind the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to take arms against a sea of troubles, And by opposing them". I also think that Hamlet is saying that you should follow your dreams and only you alone can hinder yourself from what you want to accomplish.

2) I think this soliloquy is so famous because of the first line "To be, or not to be: that is the question:". Before I knew who William Shakespear was i would here this line used on TV in cartoons and movies. From what I think this soliloquy means I can identify with it in that If I'm not happy with something I don't sit around and complain about it, I change it so I am more comfortable and happy.

1 comment: